Sleeping is a necessity, not a luxury. A good night’s rest is just as crucial to sustaining wellness as is really a healthy diet and proper exercise.
The Importance of Sleep
Sleep is a restorative process. While we’re sleeping, our brain is usually cycling through the 3 levels of sleep: light, strong and REM. Sleep restores, rejuvenates and energizes your body and brain. Our immune systems are recharged, tissue grow and fix themselves, and our bodies conserve energy.
Dangers of Sleep Deprivation
Unfortunately, to many sleep is not valued. In this “open all night” society we now live in, four out of ten Us citizens are trading much-needed sleep hours for longer hours in the office, gym, club and other routines which seem even more important or fascinating. What they may not realize is that lack of sleep takes a toll on our mental and physical well being. Studies performed by the National Sleep Foundation present that even minimal sleep loss has a profoundly detrimental impact on disposition, cognition, performance, productivity, communication skills, accident rates and general health. For optimal functioning during the day, the average adult requirements between seven to nine hours sleep a night. According to the NSF, the American adult population functions on about six and a half hours of sleep per night.
For some, lack of sleep is not a choice, but a condition. Millions of Americans suffer from insomnia. According to the NSF, a third of Americans are using over the counter or prescription sleep aids at night. If you suffer from insomnia, below are a few ideas to help you get some shut attention:
- Pray before bedtime. The bible shows us to “Cast your burden upon the Lord. Don’t go to bed with a heavy load. Give it to God. Remember Joy comes in the morning”
- Avoid caffeinated foods and beverages like coffee, teas, soft chocolate and drinks 3 to 4 hours before bedtime.
- Exercise regularly, but complete your workout at least three hours before bedtime. Keep your body calm.
- Make sure your mattress is the ideal one for you. Flip your mattress over periodically.
- Develop a bedtime ritual. Taking a comfortable bath 90 mins before bedtime will rest your body and usually make you feel sleepy.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable and quiet.
- Have a glass of hot milk.
- Play relaxing music.
- Go to bed and wake up the same time every day. When your sleep cycle has a regular rhythm you shall feel better.
Be a Sleeping Beauty
A friend of mine once told me that a woman should found herself to her hubby at bedtime like a found. Interesting…so I polled a few colleagues and found overall nearly all husbands prefer their wives to be lingerie clad at bedtime. Nude emerged in a very close second and pajamas were considered extremely un-sexy. Wives desired their hubbys use only boxers to bed. Whatever your sleepwear preference, bedtime is the opportunity to prepare your body and mind for the rest it deserves. Below are a few more tips to help you sleep pretty:
- remove your makeup and cleanse your face thoroughly before bed Always. Going to bed without washing your face not only leads to mascara-stained sheets but the dirt picked up during the day can clog pores and lead to acne.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Vaseline works wonders on rough areas while you sleep. Try it on foot, elbows, and knees and dab a little on your lips too.
- There are several night creams out there now declaring to be more effective if applied at bedtime, use the one which suits you
- If you wrap your hair in a scarf at bedtime, remember to wash it regularly.
- Wear your extravagant nighties to bed. Don’t save them for a special occasion. You are a special occasion.
- After your shower or even bath ritual slather on a lotion that relaxes you and helps you fall asleep.
Here’s wishing you brighter days and more restful nights!
Also check more information about Vidarikand, Vajikarana herbs, Garcinia Capsules, Neem Capsules and the advantages of these Ayurvedic medicines. Don’t forget to get more information related to Ocimum Sanctum, Horse gram, Benefits of Jaggery, Medicinal Uses of Tulsi, Horse gram for Weight Loss, and How to Reduce Obesity. Also, check out Ayurvedic treatment for Infertility, Vajikarana therapy, Home remedies for Erectile Dysfunction, Azoospermia treatment in Ayurveda and about solution of other men health issues.