Low sperm count and low sperm motility are major causes for male infertility. Various environmental and biological factors affect the sperm count. The causes are explained below.
Temperature of Testicles: The testicles produce sperm and testosterone. The testicles are located outside the body because sperm develop best at a temperature several degrees cooler than normal internal body temperature. Scientific researches have proven that the higher is the scrotal temperature, the higher is the possibility of damaging sperms and affecting the male’s fertility. Sperm count reduces when the temperature of testicles increases. Temperature of testicles increases by using tight pants, undergarments, hot water showers, sauna, keeping lap tops on thighs etc. Avoiding these causes help to increase sperm count. Washing testicles with cold water after bath help to increase sperm count and sperm motility.
Obesity: Weight increase causes hormonal imbalance and reduces testosterone level in men. Gaining a few extra pounds may also wreak havoc on hormonal balance, leading to a variety of illnesses and health risks. Estrogen, the classified “female hormone,” is a fat-storing hormone that is also naturally present in small amounts in men. But when men gain weight, estrogen levels rise and other health problems ensue. When estrogen levels are high the testosterone levels plummet. This leads to low sperm count, fatigue, muscle tone loss, decreased sexual function etc. In obese people fat layers of abdomen overlap testicles when they sit. Because of this the temperature of testicles raises. Hence sitting for long hours can reduce sperm count in obese people. Over weighted persons who sit for long hours , are advised to take a break in between and walk around for 10 – 15 minutes. This helps to increase sperm count and reduce weight.
Age: We all know fertility in women decrease as their age progress. Same way the sperm quality and motility in men reduce as their age progress. This happens because production of testosterone decreases as men age.
The Natural ways to increase sperm count:
- Avoid overheating of testicles. Wear lose supportive underpants. Don’t keep lap top on thighs for a very long time. Avoid cycling on hills or rugged roads as this may cause trauma to teticles. Don’t bathe in hot waters or sit in steam rooms for a long time. Cover testicles with cold cloth while sitting in steam room.
- Reduce body weight. Eat foods which are low in fat in high in protein.Not only will a high-protein, low-fat diet help to increase semen volume, but it will also do wonders for your overall health. Combine this with eating a lot of fruits, vegetables, beans, wheat germ, oatmeal and other whole grains which are rich in fiber.
- Reduce consumption of alcohol, quit smoking and any other addictions. Remember that the fluid produced in your semen is made up of 98% water. This fluid is needed to boost motility of sperms. The hydration level of body should be maintained well. Beverages like alcohol, coffee etc can cause dehydration. Hence drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly. This boosts testosterone. Increased testosterone increases sperm count and motility.
- Reduce stress by practising yoga and meditation. Chronic stress release stress hormones which are detrimental to sperm health.
- Includes foods like tuna, oysters, pomegranate, mangoes, grapes, amla in your diet. Aside from increasing libido these increase semen volume, sperm count and motility. Celery is another vegetable which contains components that stimulate sexual desire increase semen volume and sperm count.
- Finally, power-pack the diet with foods which are rich in zinc.
By following these tips, you can eat your way towards a healthier diet, an increased semen volume, better sex life and increased sperm health.
Do check about neem capsules, Ayurvedic tea for weight loss and Ayurvedic tea for weight loss and the advantages of these ayurvedic medicines. Don’t forget to get information related to ocimum sanctum, medicinal uses of tulsi, and other ayurvedic treatments. Also, check out azoospermia treatment in ayurveda, infertility treatment in Ayurveda and about solution of other men health issues.